Why Eco-Friendly/Ethical Jewelry Matters
- Mining usually involves heavy machinery and the movement of much of the earth, which can destroy habitats for wildlife and create poor conditions for communities living in the area.
- Laborers in gem cutting facilities often work without proper ventilation or safety gear, which has led to many deaths.
- Many gems and metals are mined through child slavery.
By supporting ethical producers of jewelry you are helping miners and children lead safer lives.
How Your Purchase Helps
About The Artisan
This collection of elegant, statement jewelry is handcrafted by a cooperative of women artisans located in rural areas around Delhi, Ghaziabad and Meerut India.
The women, who were previously unemployed, are empowered with the means to earn a fair wage. They are able to work from home where they can also look after their children.
The co-op doesn’t just give the artisans a source of income, but also provides respect in a society where women are viewed as second-class citizens.
The artisans draw inspiration from traditional Indian jewelry designs and strive to retain the innate nature of each raw material while keeping a global audience in mind.
This Necklace Is Perfect For You If..
- You like matching your jewelry with your clothes
- You attend a lot of parties
- You enjoy having one-of-a-kind jewelry
- Your style is boho/south Asian
- You wear colorful clothing